4714 Indian Trail Road, Northampton, PA 18067 | 610-262-7012
Allen Township

Zoning - FAQs

Allen Township Zoning Must I get a moving permit?
Any person or persons moving into, out of, or within the Township must obtain a moving permit. Permits are issued at the Township Office during regular business hours, but all taxes must be paid in full to obtain the permit. Moving permits are $10.00.

Do I need a permit for my landscaping?
No, typically you do not need a permit for landscaping. However, if your landscaping includes a retaining wall or fencing, you may be required to secure a permit.

I want to remodel my basement. Do I need a permit?
No permit is necessary for any remodeling done inside the home in Allen Township unless major structural changes are done.

Do I need a permit for my inflatable pool?
Although they seem harmless and are very affordable, they pose no less of a drowning hazard to a small child than a larger, more expensive pool. If your inflatable is CAPABLE of holding 24 inches of water or more, YES, you need a permit.

My neighbor's tree is a problem. What can I do about it?
This is a legal question that you should contact a lawyer for further information. The Township does not regulate trees on private property.

I am having a dispute with my neighbor about property lines.
Will the Township tell me where my property lines are?

Unfortunately, the only way you can be certain where your property lines are is to secure the services of a licensed surveyor, who will perform a survey of your property. The Township does not provide this service as it would be cost-prohibitive. Furthermore, the Township cannot and will not mediate property line disputes, as this comes under the sole jurisdiction of a judge.

Does Allen Township have a weed ordinance?
Township Ordinance prohibits the growth of weeds and other uncultivated, noxious growth beyond a height of 12 inches. Persons found in violation of this Ordinance are notified by the Zoning Officer and are requested to comply within ten days. Failure to comply with the Ordinance carries a $600.00 per day fine, plus costs of prosecution.

Do I need a permit for a pool, a shed, or a fence?
Yes, a permit can be obtained at the Township Municipal Office or one can be downloaded from our website.

What are the regulations for a Residential Block Party?
Fill out the application and submit it to the Township at least 2 weeks prior to the event.

©  Allen Township