The Allen Township Fire Co. #1 was formed in 1944 by local citizens when a fire destroyed a house in the village of Kreidersville. Due to World War II still being in progress, the department did not receive its first fire engine until 1946. This truck being a 1946 Dodge / Howe pumper with a John Bean high pressure pump on it. The vehicle was only capable of pumping from the tank. Several years later in 1951,a used Chevrolet panel truck was purchased to serve as a utility vehicle.