4714 Indian Trail Road
Northampton, PA 18067
Please be aware of the following road projects, occuring within the Township, for the month of September:
• Willowbrook Road – Crews will be performing utility crossings and installing stormwater basins generally between West Bullshead Road and Race Street. Be advised this work is the initial phase of the Willowbrook Road Improvement project which will include site excavation, earthmoving, re-profiling of the roadway, drainage work, roadway embankment grading and the construction of additional travel lanes. This project is estimated for completion by the end of May 2017.
• Church Road – Replacement of existing inlets and cross pipes between Granger Road and Tomahawk Trail beginning September 6th. The project is estimated to be completed by September 30th.
• Township-Wide Line Striping – Beginning September 19th, line striping crews will reapply center and side line markings throughout the Township. Additionally, watch for crews painting stop bars at intersections throughout the Township.
• Howertown Road (PENNDOT) Cross Pipe Replacement – PennDOT work crews have tentatively scheduled cross pipe replacements between Rt. 329 and Mud Lane on Howertown Road for September 8th and 9th.
• Indian Trail Road (PENNDOT) Oil and Chip Seal Coating – PennDOT has tentatively scheduled a full width oil and chip of Indian Trail Road in mid to late September. Watch for the installation of temporary signs to warn of the proposed work and plan accordingly. Be advised that the majority of motorists find the initial application of this material undesirable to travel upon.
Motorists are urged to watch for advance warning signs and flaggers. Be prepared to stop when construction traffic and crews are entering and exiting construction zones.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through these areas and use alternate routes if possible.
Road maintenance work will occur between Wynnewood Drive and Phyllese Drive. Expect delays and please use caution driving through the work zone.
Estimated START DATE: 08/22/2016 Estimated COMPLETION DATE: 09/02/2016
Restrictions in Effect (time of day): 7:00 AM To 3:30 PM
Will Rain Cause Delays? YES
Allen Township receives police services via the Pennsylvania State Police. Our area is served by Troop M located at the Bethlehem Station located in Hanover Township, Lehigh County. Townships officials are in contact with the State Police on a regular basis and work closely to ensure our community is kept safe. In case of an emergency always dial 911. To contact the Troop M Bethlehem Station for questions or non-emergency concerns dial 610-861-2026.
The attached brochure, entitled Accessing Your State Police
provides guidance regarding appropriate information to have available when and if there is a need for a resident to contact State Police. Please keep this information as well as the emergency and non-emergency information listed available at all times.
The Allen Township Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission will conduct the next Comprehensive Plan Update Workshop meeting on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Allen Township Municipal Building located at 4714 Indian Trail Road, Northampton, Pennsylvania.
As noted previously, the purpose of the meeting will be to further discuss the development and delivery of the Comprehensive Plan Update with the selected consultant.
The public is encouraged to attend all meetings (which are scheduled for the fourth Wednesday of each month) and share their input as this project proceeds.
Click here for the Workshop Agenda: Workshop Agenda
Click here for the Community Survey Results: Community Survey Results
With the first "official day" of Summer right around the corner, now is the time to prepare for the heat of Summer as well as the potentially damaging thunderstorms and tropical storms which have become a common condition of Summer weather within the Lehigh Valley. As we've already experienced in the past several weeks, the strong winds, lightning and heavy rains which accompany these type of storms can develop rapidly and sporadically. Therefore being prepared and knowing what to do in advance of this type of weather will decrease your risk of being injured. Please take some time to review the guidance material below and develop a plan now to prepare for these weather occurences.
Click here for the Red Cross Thunderstorms Safety Checklist
Click here for the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Preparedness Tip concerning Lightning
Welcome to Allen Township!
Allen Township is a community of 5,000 people and is a wonderful place to live, work, and visit. Family friendly, vibrant, and ideally situated, Allen Township residents enjoy a high quality of life. We pride ourselves on quality municipal services, attractive and safe tree-lined neighborhoods, first-rate schools, exceptional parks and recreation opportunities, engaging community events, and caring citizens who generously volunteer their time and energies to countless civic organizations and endeavors.
Your local government is dedicated to effectively and cost-efficiently serve all citizens. We encourage you to explore our site to learn more about your community. Use the menu above or our search feature to navigate this site.
If you have comments or suggestions, please click on "Contact" tab on the menu bar to provide feedback.
Thanks for visiting.